Friday, October 24, 2008

Another tire.

I just got a flat tire for the second time in a month, having run over some piece of junk in the road. This time, it looks like a piece of a bearing from a truck. Last time it was a muffler. Either someone is doing a sloppy job hauling scrap metal, or there's a bunch of cars in my area that are disintegrating in the street. Mine included, apparently. And the added bonus this morning: the spare is flat too. Didn't find that out until I put it on. Awesome.

In other news, I stopped at the open mic at The Common Man in Ashland last night, which was fun, but not particularly lucrative. Especially with car repairs figured in. So, if I can get the mid-life Chrysler back on the road by tonight, I'm gonna go out again and see if I can book some gigs. The business is real feast-or-famine up here. It's a little more even for me now than it was a few years ago, but October and November still take a Hell of a dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment