Sunday, October 5, 2008

Special guests.

I was able to invite a couple musician friends to the stage last night at Shooter's. I met Don Watson (pictured) earlier this week at Lago, and he came out to my show, so I handed him the guitar and took a break for a few songs. The guy's good. I won't be surprised to see him playing there again. I got a copy of his CD, but I haven't listened to it yet. What I've heard on his web site (and in person) has a real nice Jim Croce style to it.

My old friend Jon Gellert came by too, and I got him to sing a couple songs with me. I hope to get him into the studio sometime soon, 'cause he's got a great voice.

I think I'm going back to the open mic at Giuseppe's tonight. I really want to give that digital grand piano another shot. The breadsticks are pretty damn good too.
UPDATE: Guess I'm not going to Giuseppe's tonight after all. I just got a call to host the open mic at The Sunset Grill tonight (and next Sunday) right here in Campton. My breadstick fix will have to wait. Come out to the Grill, listen to some music, and watch the Sox win game 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment