Monday, October 6, 2008

Sunset Grill.

Last night's open mic was an interesting one. I was pretty concerned about how good-natured the crowd at the Sunset Grill would be, since they'd probably want to listen to the Red Sox game instead. It actually ended up being a really good night. There were not many other musicians, so I played a lot. It was very well-received. I did Sweet Caroline a couple times, of course, and I even threw Dirty Water in there as the game crept into extra innings. I don't have a show tonight, so I won't be competing with Jon Lester trying to close out the series.

Today I'm putting together a rough set list for tomorrow's show at Lago. It's the singer/songwriter open mic, and I'm the featured artist. Linden Mazurka (the host) will go on at 8:30 and play a few songs, and then I get a generous time slot. The venue features strictly original music, and isn't that a breath of fresh air. I don't get to do many shows like this. After my set, the stage opens to any other musicians who want to take a turn, so if you're inclined, bring your guitar and play!

No comments:

Post a Comment