Monday, July 27, 2009

What I did this weekend.

Let's see. Friday night I had my three boys for a sleepover. It's kind of a rarity for me to have a Friday night off, so that was fun. We played a lot of old-school video games on the Wii. It's sweet to see young kids (8, 5, and 2) as excited about Galaga as I was when I was their age.

Saturday was Stacey and Anna's Redneck Birthday Party. Lots of music, hula hooping (not exactly a redneck pastime, but Jagermeister works in mysterious ways) and general mud-trompin' mayhem. I'll post a picture or two if I get 'em. We camped in the van and headed out in the morning, with just enough time to get cleaned up and go to Sunday's shows.

Sunday afternoon was a challenge. I played the beach bar at the Margate, and I had to break down and set up three times because of rain showers blowing by off the lake. But we did get some music in, and a good time was had by those hardy enough to brave the elements. Mike B and Sara were there, as always. I don't think an earthquake would stop them from coming down to the beach bar. :)

From there, up to Campton to host the open mike night at the Sunset Grill. Chris Downing (of RhVibe) came by to play a set, which was a nice treat. Haven't seen that guy on stage in... over a year, maybe? Still sounded good, too. Nik was there, and he and Pete played some blues with me. Buddy closed the night out with an extended set. A good solid night, and I was home by 11.

I don't have a show until this Saturday! And that's a wedding over in Danbury. I'm going to try to hit a couple of the open mikes in the area that I've been neglecting due to my busy schedule. The Hong Kong has a jam night on Wednesdays, and the Common Man in Ashland has a Thursday open mike. Hoping to hit one or both of those.

5 comments:

  1. Hey jim! (MichelleGoodearl here) BTW do i have to keep referring myself as the rainbow girl? HAHAHA! You music was A*w*e*S*o*m*e Saturday at the RNP, you are very very talented! Got a question I meant to ask you-- what magazine/paper do most budding musicians read, I want to put an ad in for musician/album photography. WHere should I go? BTW I shot Eric Erskines album cover! I see him in your friends and fellows section! Such a small world!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abusing, this is hanging as you need to discover extra, I welcome to This is my page. mandataire angleterre

    ReplyDelete
  3. Advantage by continually premium substances - you will see that individual for: Achat voiture Angleterre Brexit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Advantage earnestly prime quality things - you can respect them all inside: voiture angleterre

    ReplyDelete