Monday, May 12, 2014

Mid-May.

Here's where things start picking up a little bit. Mud season is still technically upon us, but a working musician in NH finds ways to stay busy. I'll be taking on a recording project for a friend in a couple weeks which will close the month out. I'm still playing organ for the church in Campton, and giving guitar lessons on the weekend. The Wednesday open mic at The Country Cow is still chugging right along. And as local restaurants start to dust off their outdoor patios, the remaining schedule fills itself in pretty quickly.

I'm just coming off of a pretty rugged bout of flu. I think that's what it was, anyway. Had me shut down for the better part of a week. I don't get sick like that very often, so I can't really complain. And at least it struck during the 'slow' season. I missed a show and a lesson. Could have been much worse.

Hey, if you're around this Friday, I'm reprising my 80s solo show at Woodpecker's in Campton. Last time went very well, but bad weather kept a lot of people home. So here's another chance to get back to the future. :)

1 comment: