Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Back to normal, whatever that is.

Well that was crazy. The last two weeks have been a blur, and I've got some really good stuff to show for it. Not that I can actually show you yet, of course; the rough mixes that Ken Stringfellow made are way beyond anything I've recorded on my own, but they still need plenty of work before they are safe for public consumption.

All in all, things went extremely well given the limited resources we had to work with. Ken talks about the session in his latest blog, which also details his weekend shows in NH and ME.

Now the waiting game begins. Sort of. Final mixes on these tracks won't happen until November, though there is the possibility of one track being done a bit sooner. There's plenty of photo and design work to be done though.

Oh, and I do still play live shows. In fact, after dropping Ken off at the airport Sunday morning, I headed to The Margate for my weekly beach bar show, and then straight off to play a baby shower. This week is pretty busy too, although I'm taking the weekend off to celebrate Stacey's birthday.

One more thing: the Indiegogo campaign basically covered expenses for the recording session. I'll be setting up some sort of preorder system to try and raise funds for the mixing/mastering portion of the project. Maybe a PledgeMusic campaign, maybe something more simple than that. Details to come. For now, all I know is I'm super excited to put this music in people's hands and heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment