Monday, December 8, 2008

Back to Lago.

All month I tried to get back to Lago for their singer/songwriter night. They've moved to Mondays since I was there last, and it seems something has come up every Monday. Well tonight I'm the featured performer, so I'll be there for sure. I just didn't want to be that guy who shows up for the feature and then doesn't come around on the other nights. Hopefully I'll get down there for at least one more Monday this month. It really is a great venue, and the original music to be heard there is always good.

In other news, we went to Funspot over the weekend. I played (and got the high score on) the Donkey Kong machine that Steve Wiebe set the world record on. I only got 14k, but it was enough for 1st place. (They've obviously reset the machine since Mr. Wiebe's million-point effort.) There's a documentary about the record called The King Of Kong, and it was pretty entertaining. You can rent it (or stream it) from Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment