Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Another double.

A double on a Monday? Sure, why not. It started at Giuseppe's, where I had intended to do a three-hour piano show. In the end, I couldn't resist bringing the guitar in as well. It was a real nice setup for doing some loop-based stuff. I played that new (to me) Cope tune and a few others. Mostly it was piano though. My buddy w.c.pelon celebrated his birthday there, and a lot of the old crew came out for the show. (I used to play there about, oh, 20 years ago.) It was really nice to be back there.

I finished up at 9 and went across the street to Lago. I was worried about Linden's singer/songwriter open mic. Last week he played the whole thing by himself, and if that happens for a few weeks in a row then open mikes tend to shut down. And his is too good for that; they feature original music exclusively (a rule that is bent slightly sometimes, but not by me. heh). Anyway, I figured I should go and show my support, even if I was too late to catch the event itself.

Not only was I not too late, the place was packed with musicians and patrons. They'd been going since about 5:30. It was great to see. I hadn't intended to play, but Linden made me do a short set at the end. And it was really fun, because all the songs I played were originals, and they were all audience requests from different people. That's a first. I guess that means I'm famous, and I can stop now. Phew!

If you're a New Hampshire songwriter you owe it to yourself to check out the open mike at Lago. You can do it right now by listening to the weekly podcast (last night's show will be up by Friday).

No shows for the next few days, so I'm catching up on a few things (like sleep).

1 comment:

  1. It was a really fun night. Thanks for coming by, Jim, and we'll see you this Monday!

    ReplyDelete