Monday, March 2, 2009

A busier weekend than expected.

I played Saturday night at The William Tell. It had been a slow day there, but the bar picked up nicely as the show went on. I'll be there again next week, but the sad news from them is that they're closing from April to December, and just doing special events and functions. I'd been planning to do a good many Saturdays there over the summer, so I'm scrambling to fill some holes in the schedule now.

On Sunday I took a ride over to Sandwich to see Audrey Drake play at Mocha Rizing. She and her friend Harmony Marckey put on a fantastic show. Audrey played a bunch of songs from her new CD, and did a couple gorgeous covers. Her take on Sade's 'The Sweetest Taboo' was better than the original.

While I was there, I got a call asking if I could host the open mike at The Sunset Grill that night. So it was in the car and off to Campton. Like the show the night before, it started off slow and ended up turning into a rowdy good time. I don't get to play the Grill nearly as often as I'd like to. It's one of the first rooms I ever played, and it's one of the coziest bars I get to visit.

And now, it's back to the grind. I'm working on booking another drinking songs show or two between now and St. Partick's Day. I'm putting together a little 'tour' of sorts at the end of the month that will be taking me down the east coast. And I'm peddling copies of Time For Another Round: Gold Edition, which can be ordered by clicking the snazzy link over there on the right. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment