Thursday, April 9, 2009

Back to work.

Y'know, it's nice to be home. I had SUCH a good time on the road, and I'm already trying to figure out when I can do it again. But it's nice to be back in New Hampshire. Especially since most of the snow decided to disappear in my absence.

Tonight is my first show back in the Granite State. The Jim Tyrrell Trio is going down to Dover to play at The Brick House. It's a double bill with Johnny Doogan, a fun trio that has a great body of original material about robots and fun stuff. My trio will be doing a few songs from the upcoming CD (which I hope to have ready for summer).

The CD is turning into a more ambitious project than any disc I've done before. Which is the way it should be, I suppose. At least at my level; there's still plenty of room for additional ambition, it's safe to say. Anyway, I'll be pretty proud of the results if it goes the way I intend it to. Details can be found right here as the project progresses.

1 comment:

  1. Jim!

    Sorry I didn't make it to this show. Hope it was a good time! I knew it was happening but life with 2 small kids gets busy and unpredicatable at times (as I am sure you know) plus going out on a school night is tough too.

    Hope to catch up with you again soon! Can't wait to hear your new CD when you get that done too.

    -Ed S. from Dover NH

    ReplyDelete