Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ernie's Club Hong Kong.

On Wednesdays, there's an open jam at Ernie's Club Hong Kong on Main Street in Plymouth. I've been a few times. It's not like the other open mikes in the area, where a performer will get up and do their own thing for fifteen minutes or whatever. This one is a continuous jam with rotating personnel; players just work their way in by taking over an instrument for a while. Lots of people end up playing a few different instruments over the course of the night. Bill Joiner is the man who holds it together, and he's a very good drummer.
Ernie's Club Hong Kong has bands on Thursdays, and (Who Are The) Brain Police will be taking the stage there on May 7.

This Wednesday I've got an open mike of my own to host, down at Shooter's Tavern in Belmont. It'll be nice to get back there; I haven't played Shooter's in over a month, I think! After that, I might drop in at Ernie's to see what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment