Monday, October 13, 2008

Columbus Day.

Yesterday I took the family to the Sandwich Fair. Normally we try to go on closing day, when the crowds are a bit thinner. That wasn't an option this year, as I'm working at the day job today. So we found ourselves at a much busier event than normal, especially due to the fine weather we had this weekend. The kids had a good time though, and I got my annual plate of greasy fair food.

Then I hosted the open mic at the Sunset Grill. It went well enough, I suppose, but I was on stage the whole night. Susan Kominz was the only other musician to participate, and she doesn't play guitar when she comes out, so I accompanied her. It would certainly be a better open mic with more musicians. But the attendees were happy enough with the performance, and it was a welcome distraction from the dismal Patriots game. (My Saints had a good day against Oakland though.)

I'd wanted to attend the singer/songwriter night at Lago (they've moved to Mondays now), but I have to meet my friend Mike at the studio instead. He's going to move his band in there, and we'll split time/costs. Since I can't use the place full-time right now anyway, it works well for me.

2 comments:

  1. hey i was at the fair monday with my little guy, and the Boivins. I love that fair.

    Gotta get to one of your gigs.

    Jerry Chabot

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably used to go to the Plymouth Fair back in the day. Nothing will ever compare to that one, for me. Sandwich comes close though. It's funny how little has changed about that event over the years. The fried twinkies are a fairly new development, I guess.

    ReplyDelete