Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday.

This morning I reacquainted myself with an old favorite Saturday morning activity: watching cartoons. The boys and I hunkered on the couch and they had waffles (I had a bagel) and we watched some Spongebob. I'd have preferred Looney Tunes myself, but any port in a storm, y'know?

I hardly ever watch TV anymore. I'm online every day, and the computer screen is enough of a time sink, I guess. I get the impression I'm not missing much. We unplugged the cable back in 1998. Wow, ten years. The only thing I really miss is being able to watch the football game (geaux Saints!).

Tonight I'm playing at Shooter's Tavern. Thankfully, the Red Sox are on a travel day. If game 3 of the playoffs was tonight, they'd probably just cancel the show outright. That can be a tough room during a regular-season game. I wouldn't mees with that crowd during the playoffs. Anyway, if you're in the Belmont area, come on out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment