Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Representation.

So I've been looking for some kind of representation (a label, an agent, a promoter) for a few years now. Not aggressively though. And I'm not waiting around for it either, as the show schedule indicates.

In 2005 I found that I couldn't book certain rooms in NH, because a particular booking agent held exclusivity on those rooms. So I contacted him and asked for a spot on his roster. He did what anyone who has bothered to write back has done so far; he told me he had a full roster, but good luck in my endeavors. Well, I did my own booking and played over 100 shows that year. And work has been generally steady since then. Every now and then I stumble upon a rep that seems like a good fit, and I send them my info. I hear back from them less than half the time.

The rooms I play are happy with what I have to offer. I'm pretty consistently well-received these days, and I take great pains to be professional about my work. It's my hope that eventually I'll find a company that sees the progress I'm making and decides to benefit from helping me take it even further. In the meantime, I'm out booking work and in the basement recording the next album. Stay tuned for updates on both.

1 comment: