Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Weekend recap.

Friday night was a good time at the Bridgewater Inn. (Who Are The) Brain Police put on a well-received show. I was worried that the band would be a little heavy for that room, but apparently they get bands in there doing Godsmack and stuff like that, so we're fine. I got some video of this show, and I'll be getting it uploaded later this week.

No Limitz played for the fine folks at the Meredith Yacht Club on Saturday night. Now there's a group that likes to have a good time. And the band was a great fit; I think we'll be playing for them again next season.

On Sunday, No Limitz played the Totem Pole Campground in Freedom, NH for the last time this year. If you followed my Twitter updates, then you already know my take on this show. We weren't told we'd be playing outside, and we were all in short sleeves and shorts, and it got COLD. I won't do that again. They have a perfectly good indoor facility that we've always played in, but they had some function going on in there the next day and they didn't want to do two setups. Well, we set up and break down every time we play, so I don't feel too bad about that. Still, we soldiered through, and the crowd got into it by the end. I think they were dancing just to keep their blood moving, really.

I leave you with a picture of the sign outside my alma mater. It saddens me every time I drive by, and it's been like this since late August. Wow.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pleased to report that I drove by the school today, and they have fixed the spelling error. Go Hawks!

    ReplyDelete