Monday, September 29, 2008

Another flashback.

I was supposed to see the Crunchy Western Boys on the Second Stage at Meadowbrook last night, 'opening' for Sugarland. When we got there we found out the show was postponed. So Stacey and her dad and I found ourselves in the Lakes Region with nothing to do. I suggested we check out the open mic at Giuseppe's over in Meredith, and so we did.

I hadn't played the open mic there in quite a few years. Lou Porrazzo has been the host there for a long time, and it was good to see him again. Since the last time I'd been there, they've put in a new piano - a Kawai digital baby grand. It was gorgeous. But other than the piano, the place was pretty much like it had been twenty years ago when I was just starting to play out. Oh, I guess twenty years ago I had more hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment