Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Another night in the studio.



I do love the new studio space. Can I still call it new? My six-month lease is almost up. I'll be re-upping on that for sure. For one thing, I don't know where I'd put everything if I decided to move.

But man, I gotta put some work into the monitors. They're apparently placed all wrong, because what sounds good in the studio does NOT translate well to other sound systems.

Right now I'm working on a cover of a song by the band For Squirrels. It's for a project over at TheSixtyOne. I'm happy enough with the takes I recorded, but the mixdown is still a problem. So it looks like I'm going back tonight to give it another try, after I move the furniture around a bit.

If I can get my flat tire fixed in time, that is. I ran over someone's muffler in the road on the way home last night, and I woke up to a flat. The car was in the shop all day yesterday, too. Grr.

UPDATE: Man that was expensive. The tire couldn't be saved, so the whole thing ended up being over 200 bucks, with road service figured in. Ouch. Anyone need a musician tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment