Friday, September 19, 2008

Busy little night.

I ended up on three different stages last night. The show at The Country Cow was pretty good, if sparsely attended. Thursdays are hit-or-miss over there, and this one just happened to be a quiet one. That's a great room though. I'll be back there on October 30. And the buffalo chicken was as good as it always is. Sweet potato fries, too. Mmm.

After the show I went out to Bullwinkle's in Ashland to meet up with Steve Hinchey, the guitarist from No Limitz. He and his crew were doing some karaoke, and I hung around for a while. I like karaoke. The bar patrons weren't really into my Offspring cover, but whatever.

Then it was off to the open mic at The Common Man, where Jay Moskowicz and Jim McHugh were finishing up a set. There were no other musicians lined up, so they asked me to play for a while. I love that room. They're always interested in the original stuff, which is a nice break from the Margaritaville bit.

Tonight is my first Friday night off since the 13th of June. I'm gonna go check out a few venues down south, I think. There's a couple bands playing tonight that I've wanted to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment